Thursday 1 December 2011

More Great Guestbook Ideas

    So, here could be the reality: I’ve been at hundreds of weddings where a guest book has just sat there…listless and not interacting with anyone. ?I think that a guestbook is only worth having if you are a) going to do something interesting that your guests will actually sign and b) if you china prom dresses  are actually going to look at the book after the wedding to appreciate and enjoy the things that guests take the time to right to you. I love an unconventional guestbook. ?Last weekend, when asked by my client to procure I guestbook for her, I went browsing in my local bookstore and found a few, less conventional options that could be used ?
       for really remarkable books. I love the growing trend of issuing blank response cards and encouraging creative replies. ?We’ve been seeing such great things and even putting them on display at the receptions to share with the other guests… SOOO, I was really drawn to this idea of encouraging a bit of creativity on your guests’ part and thought that 642 Things to Draw would be fun for a creative couple to use a s a guestbook. How awesome to have a showcase of your friends and families doodles done at your wedding after hitting the bar. ?Instead of a collection of ?just notes, you can keep this awesome book of their artwork (directives like “rolling pins” or “oven” or “True Love” offer them up options) prom dresses clearance  on your coffee table. Another favorite suggestion that we’ve offered up to clients is to purchase coffee table books that relate to their location or a subject that they both love and have guests sign throughout the book on the images or in the margins. ?We’ve working on a wedding in Napa, and I just loved this book Nappa Valley: The Land, the Wine, the People that showcases the MAKING of wine in the region as well as the people who make it. ?Here is just ONE of the amazing images. ?
       The point is, if you pick a pretty book that you want to look at, there’s more of a chance that you will keep it out on display and enjoy it AFTER the wedding. Another idea of a utilitarian guest book that I love is to take a gorgeous cookbook that relates to your cultures or lives or bulk prom dresses  menu from your wedding and have guests sign within the book. Then, when you use the book, you’ll always have the pleasant surprise of getting to read some of your guests’ notes. ?I was on the train the other day reading over the shoulder of the girl next to me and I fell in love with this BEAUTIFUL book “Great British Food” . The photos are stunning with tons of white space for writing. ?I was sad that I hadn’t seen it a few months back, it would have been the perfect guestbook for one of my clients who married a British gent and we took the time to add some British treats to the wedding menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment