Tuesday 29 November 2011

Marvelous Martha

       I often really feel like I have a blessed little life (the stresses of owning a small company preserve me feeling alive:-) but yesterday was just BEYOND. 1 of those cheap prom dresses  FANTASY days where just actually cool stuff occurs. From commence to finish, an excellent day.  This post I’ll limit to the fabulous Martha Stewart. Really early in the A.M., we went to the taping of the Martha Stewart Show in the morning, which was tons o’ fun. We were able to sit right up front, and Joey, the warm up guy, was so much more fun than he even appears on TV.
        Actually, 1 of the personal highlights for me was the MUSIC that they played before the show started and during breaks.  I don’t know what I was expecting to hear at Martha Stewart, but it wasn’t Rihanna, Usher’s Love in the Club or T.I., all of which were played.  I can’t help but dance to dance music, so Mayra had to remind me that we weren’t at Ellen, we were at Martha.  So, onto the Wedding Nitty Gritty.  So much of this is featured in the new issue of Martha Stewart Weddings, but seeing Darcy really go through the ideas was so fantastic.  They had a lot of VERY easy, and economical ideas.  As well as some fun favors.  Darcy Miller, who we got to met after the show, truly does know her stuff and couldn’t be sweeter.  Here are some of my favorites.  I thought that this cake was a fantastic idea.  Ribbon like this can be bound on any simple Fondant cake as a great cost-saver in lieu of pricey piping.  The photo is a great touch, and this was printed on a simple HP printer. Ribbon like this can be found at Tinsel TradingSpeaking of reasonable cakes, the guest yesterday was actually Emeril Lagasse.  I’m not an Emeril-phile, cheapest prom dresses  but I do love his Italian salad dressing (OMG, it’s delicious) but he was a fantastic guest.  It was his birthday and as a surprise they brought out this golf themed Rice Crispy Treat Cake.  I thought this concept would make for a FABULOUS groom’s cake!
        First of all, it is so reasonably priced, but also, it offers a totally different flavor from your typical cake.  This one is a golf theme. (Photo courtesy Anders Krusberg/The Martha Stewart Show) My favorite idea, because it was both cute and subtle, were these photo embellished Hershey Kiss favors.  We’ve given out kisses before, but never with this little photo detail, which I loved.  china prom dresses  Directions for how to can be found on the Martha Stewart Weddings site. All in all a totally awesome experience.  Here is a shot of Martha and Darcy and the favor cake that graces the cover (how to can be found in the magazine) and (fingers crossed) we should be posting some more photos of us at the show a small later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment